Salvation is by faith through grace, and not of works lest any man should boast.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

One of the hazards

One of the hazards of the job, when you're a paper carrier, is the police. You see, I have to be up and on the job by 2am. Yea, that is early, but normally I'm done by 3am, so it kind of balances out. The problem is the hour in between. From 2 to 3 am I have about 1200 papers to load into the car, drive around town, and deliver to various driveways, alleys, businesses and so forth. The Police know that we are out here, but our actions at any given moment in time are very much like the actions of, well, more suspicious looking characters. In the several years that I have been doing this, I have learned to expect a visit from the police about once every six months. This morning it must have been my turn as I was pulled over (for the third time) for failure to signal a turn. Funny... but 1) I have yet to be ticketed for this egregious offence, 2) I have -never- heard of anyone being pulled over in daylight hours solely for this, although, in times of heavy traffic I have seen situations where I thought someone should be, and 3) at 2:30 am in this small town, you can see for a mile in every direction and not see one single other car anywhere on the road. So just who needed to be signaled too anyway?
^-^ The wise
(*v*) Ol' Owl
() ()
--"---"---- Dan Willey

No comments:

About Me

Student of all trades, not ordained by any church.