Salvation is by faith through grace, and not of works lest any man should boast.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Calc test

Well, today was the big day.  Okay, one of four big days.  It was the third calculus exam.  The last one will be given about three weeks after Thanks-Giving.  It will be the Final Exam.  (My, my, my, doesn’t that have a terminal ring to it?)  I honestly do not know how any one is expected to get though these classes.  It would be one thing if it were my only class.  They must expect us to have a lot of free time to study.  And they do!

 

They tell us to have between two and three hours of study time for every hour of class time.  I did the math, (I am in Calculus after all, you can trust my addition and multiplication skills,) if I did that...  I would be putting in a 60 hour work (study) week, every week!  You know that isn’t happen’ in!

 

So they must be exaggerating... because if it held true, then there is no way anyone could get through a four year degree in just four years!  I’m taking this stand because my degree (engineering) is laid out as a four year degree if you can maintain a 17 credit per semester class load.  I have a 13 or 14 credit load and by their numbers it is equal to a 60 hour work week.  How could anyone do even more?

 

The truth is, that heavy classes do require that level of study.  Other classes are much less demanding and some require almost no outside study at all.  I think right now I run between 25 and 30 hours a week on my studies.  The rest of life is taking up the other hours. 

 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

>                     Dan                     <

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

 

 

No comments:

About Me

Student of all trades, not ordained by any church.