Salvation is by faith through grace, and not of works lest any man should boast.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Much ado..

(Where does the time go?) It has been ages since I've had time to sit down and make a journal entry. The HUGE event, the realy big news... we are about to buy a new home! (Yea!) Before now, my wife and I have always had older homes or rentals. For the first time we are stricking out and signing a loan on a brand new, never been lived in, just built house. WOW! That only means that I will have to pack up everything that has accumulated in this house over the last ten years and move it all to a new place. Then either set it up again, find a place to store it or hual it off to the dump. (more or less). Fun, fun, fun. We are doing all this over Spring Break... the time when I'd thought to invite Mirim and Jeff over for dinner. Hmm... we still could entertain them just before we go, or postpone and have them over in the new house... (I'd rather do the latter, this house is nothing to look at) The second item on my list will most likely be of little interest to most people. Philosophy - I'm taking the 101 class this semester at BSU. It is a community college. So we are going over the proofs for the existance of God. The professor would like to throw them all out as beinging un-convincing. But I am not a new-comer to this topic and I am not so easily mislead. I have kept him on his toes, and have been able to assert counter arguments, counter examples and such that has prevented him from turning everyone into agnostics. The moral argument is not one of my favorites, but it is worth considering. Most notably is that all succesful civilisations paralle the Biblical morals in thier laws. To the point are the facts that cultures which embrace, oh, human scrifice for example, have died out. The other example I brought up was that there has never been a matriarchal society. These facts would lend support to concept of the Biblical God who decreed the things in His word. Finding that they are so in our world may not -prove- that God is... but it does support the idea. The First Cause.. the cause that is not an effect of another cause.. that causeless cause which created the matter of which the universe is made... that argument is a good one. My favorit argument is the one that says that where there is design, there was a designer. And that is my personal favorit because it blows evolution out of the frigin water when you find design in biology, astrnomy and history. This argument supports the concept of a God that is ever-present and acive in our world. Well, I shouldn't boar the rest of you with any further babbel about philiosophy... but if any reader (supposing there are some) posts a responce about it... I'd be happy to go into greater detail.

No comments:

About Me

Student of all trades, not ordained by any church.