Salvation is by faith through grace, and not of works lest any man should boast.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Part Two of the Church Today.

Hmm, no comments yet from my last entry.  So here is some help to get your thoughts going.

I'm not saying that I have the perfect answer.  However, which one of the afore mentioned organizations brings us Faith, Hope or Love?  Which one of them draws us to the Holy Spirit?  Which one of them is Salt and Light to the world?  What might that mean?

 

<Yes this is meant to make you think>

 

On a personal note:  Pilar bought me some lumber yesterday.  I'm building bookcases with it today and I'll be putting my office back together today.  Now that the walls are finished, and I have the wiring in the walls the way I want it, I can organize the rest of the room.  I already have my desk assembled.  I had to drill holes through it to pass cables through.  I built this desk back in 1987.  It has seen a lot of use and some abuse since then.  I built it modular so it could be moved easily and rearranged to fit different spaces.  I think this is its final resting place however because it is showing its age.

 

What remains to be done is to line one wall with bookcases and fill them with all our books.  I think I have too many books already.  It will look a bit like a library up here.  Then I have about a ton of junk and trash and important bits & pieces mixed in with important papers.  I will need to sort through all that mess and figure out what needs to be tossed out and what needs to be filed away.  I just keep telling myself this; if I get all this stuff organized, then I can keep it clean.  It will not get trashed again if I have a maintainable system in which to file away the important paperwork and a trashcan for all the rest.  Just working through a file drawer and sorting out things we no longer need to keep is a monumental chore for me.  I hate paperwork.  I'd much rather be building those bookcases and un-boxing all my books onto them.  At least it looks like you have done something when your finished!

 

 

 

 

 

 

   ^-^              The wise

  (*v*)              Ol' Owl

  ()   ()

--"---"----         Dan Willey

 

No comments:

About Me

Student of all trades, not ordained by any church.